5 Ways to Attract More Readers to Your Legal Blog
Lawyers often tell me that although they put forth the effort to write and maintain a blog, they have difficutly finding ways to attract new readers. I have composed a list of five suggestions that with minimal effort, will help to give more exposure to your blog.
1. Submit you blog to relevant directories. Although this should seem obvious, I am surprised at how many lawyers fail to take this step. Submitting your blog to directories will help to give people looking for your blog material the ability to find it. Here is a list of some blog directories to get you started: Blawg, Technorati, MyBlogLog, and ABA Blawg Directory. There are countless others. Just do a search for “Legal Blog Directories” and start submitting.
2. Use Twitter to tweet out your blog posts. The great thing about Twitter is that like-minded people can find one another and share ideas and content. This is one of the best ways to promote the material you write. You can use a service such as twitterfeed to automatically tweet your posts as you publish them.
3. LinkedIn and Facebook Groups. Sharing your posts and ideas with fellow lawyers and group members through LinkedIn and Facebook is a great way to get more exposure. Start by joining relevant LinkedIn groups such as Legal Blogging, Lawyer Marketing, Legal Marketing, and any others that might be more practice specific. Share your posts in the news section of the groups. If you write interesting material, people will come to read and subscribe. The same goes for Facebook groups. Here are a couple to look into: Law Firm Marketing, Lawyer Marketing – Grow Your Practice, Lawyers for a Better Legal Profession.
4. Comment on other Lawyer’s Blogs. The very nature of blogging lends itself to interacting and conversation. Take some time to read other interesting blog posts and comment, sharing your ideas. DO NOT SPAM. The point of this exercise is to involve yourself in the blog community and join in the conversation, not spam others. Enough said.
5. Use social bookmark sites to submit your best posts. Submitting a great post to sites such as Digg, Stumbleupon, Reddit, and Delicious will drive visitors to your blog. If others like what you have written, they will “vote” for it. This will bring new eyeballs to your posts.
Let me know if there are other ways you have found to help attract more readers to your legal blog.
Photo by Ingirogiro
Want to learn how guest blogging can help build relationships and bring more business for your firm?
Download AttorneySync’s Free Guide: Guest Blogging For Lawyers.