SEO Marketing Like Foursquare
If you haven’t read it yet, I recommend you check out Andrew Shotland’s What Is Foursquare’s SEO Strategy? at SEL.
Now before you rush to publish that comment that marketing a law firm is nothing like marketing a site like Foursquare, consider what Shotland says about Foursquare’s real SEO strategy:
- Have a brand that people talk about
- Get users to create a lot of unique content
- Don’t worry about optimizing the site to the nth degree
How does this apply to your law firm’s SEO strategy? Simple:
- Provide a level of service that get people talking.
- Publish “stuff” that motivates users to question, comment, share, cite and otherwise generate content.
- Be conscientious that your site is optimized, but don’t obsess about optimizing for insignificant search ranking factors.
Of course, this is much easier said than done. But you’ve got to start somewhere. And where you should start is thinking about ways to get people talking about you positively both online and offline.
Will every piece of content that you create, curate or share set the world on fire? Of course not.
But the more you focus on delivering on what your audiences are looking for, the better you will become at it and the better the visibility you will have in a variety of media, as well as, search results.