For this episode of Clienting, Gyi and Kelly answered marketing questions from former Clienting guests.
They cover featured snippets, social media ROI, the best content to make, PPC ads, the WordPress Yoast plugin, how to market with a limited budget, factors to consider when thinking of your marketing budget, and a couple randoms questions thrown in.
Alex Barthet: Episode 12
Blog called the Lien Zone about construction topics- trying to show up on SERP’s as the featured snippet. Single best thing to do to appear in the snippets? Should he care about showing up in the snippets?
- How? The content should answer a question, must be high-quality (comprehensive, entertaining/engaging, etc), has to be ‘the best answer.’
- Search for what you want to rank for, see what comes up. Also look at the People Also Ask box
- Create something better
- Already showing up in page 1 is a good place to start
- Keep paragraphs short (40-50 words) and structure the content with bullets, etc.
Jared Correia: Episode 8
Lawyers are flummoxed by social media- can lawyers pick one medium for social media and which one should they choose?
Jared’s son, Joe
How do I get other kids to trade me their good pokemon cards for my weak pokemon cards?
Jason Beahm: Episode 13
Are there any tricks to running successful PPC campaigns without spending tons of money? For example, I have heard that this can work with long tail keywords, is this true? 🙂
- PPC Hero
- Brad Geddes
- Kirk Williams – PPC Kirk
If you could only recommend one or two kinds of content to create and market, what would that look like? Where to put your energy right now if you feel like maybe this is an area that has been lacking.
Sam Glover: Episode 7
What Yoast SEO plugin settings should I check or change after installing it on a new website? And is the pro version worth paying for?
- Check out Ross Hudgens, Seige Media
Erin Levine: Episode 22
- What platform do you use to build sites for clients? WordPress? Wix? Why?
- If a client has a limited budget and wants to work with you, what do you suggest that they start with first? Updating the website? Social Media presence?
- Do your copywriter services including pitching to media? If not, do you have a go-to resource to help guide us on that endeavor?
- When planning marketing services for a particular client, what factors do you consider besides the obvious (budget)? Size of the firm? Where the clients are?
- How are you able to satisfy your taco craving when you live in the mid-west? Is there really any good Mexican food there?
Jordan Couch: Episode 15
What’s the best way for attorneys to gather data and measure return on investment in social media marketing? It seems like just measuring social media engagement isn’t sufficient since you could have a very active following without any of them converting into clients.
- Likes, comments shares (vanity metrics)
- Audience engagement
- Site traffic
- Leads generated
- Sign-ups and conversions
- Revenue generated
- Tracking: FB Pixel, UTM parameters