Are you “LinkedIn”? If not, you are missing some very helpful information from a variety of excellent sources. While LinkedIn has always been an excellent way to network, the value of LinkedIn for legal professionals continues to grow. If you do one thing in addition to building your LinkedIn network, I recommend spending some time in Groups. While not all groups are of value, several produce a lot of great information. Especially about managing and marketing a law practice. Here are some recent postings from a couple of groups that I follow regularly (sorry, links excluded).
From the ABA Law Practice Management Section’s LinkedIn Group:
- My Avvo Complaint – Attorneys Answering Questions Outside of their Jurisdictions
- The LPM Facebook Community
- Should Non-lawyers be Allowed to Own or Invest in Law Firms?
- iPad Apps for Lawyers and Law Firms
- Try these content ideas to make your web properties more interesting.
From Legal Blogging:
- Law grads going solo and loving it
- 2 TRUTHS ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA – PART TWO
- Twitter for lawyers: Six tips for advancing your reputation
- How the iPad Can Increase Lawyers’ Productivity
- Motion to Compel Facebook Evidence – Dancing With the Remedy
Marketing The Law Firm:
- Is SEO snake oil? Here’s the truth about search engine optimization for law firm websites.
- I’m looking to help a few people get first page rankings in Google for their website. Know of anybody I can work with?
- Which legal directories do people rate – my view, only Chambers, Legal 500 and AmLaw are worth it. Any views?
- Please join Crexendo for an educational webinar on June 14th at 1:00 pm EST. “How to Manage an Effective Pay-Per-Click Campaign”
- Just happened to come across this article, “How People Find Lawyers” from the ABA’s March issue. Not sure if anyone missed it, but here…
- Marketing by training – does this work?
- Social Media Lessons Learned from Anthony Weiner
- For those of you helping PI firms..
- Is ongoing SEO and its ongoing investment needed or can you pay someone to entrench you in the search engines, then walk away? What is…
- Just hung my shingle. What now?