Megan Zavieh focuses exclusively on attorney ethics, representing California attorneys facing State Bar disciplinary action and providing tools for lawyers to defend themselves through ethics investigations and prosecutions. She also provides resources to practicing lawyers to structure their firms to minimize their ethics exposure. She writes about ethics at CaliforniaStateBarDefense.com and AttorneyatWork.com. Megan is a mother of four, an avid Spartan racer, and a distance runner. She earned her JD from Boalt Hall of the University of California, graduating Order of the Coif. She is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, and the state courts and several Federal district courts of California, New York, New Jersey and Georgia.
This episode covers tools for ease in Client Development, getting more out of marketing, making sure your firm is using the right technology, and ethics changes in reform – but where to start?
- Content repurposing; write a blog and turn that into a podcast, then break that down into social media posts.
- Take 3-5 questions people have and turn each one into a blog post, a LinkedIn article, or social media posts and videos.
Technology & Ethics
- What server are you using?
- How secure is your client data?
Ethics Changes in Reform
- Mental Health Discipline
- Social Media- lawyers are no longer as scared as they have been in the past
- Transparency in Information – lawyers need to be more transparent in marketing and client interactions because the internet can give some of the answers to cause mistrust.
How are you marketing your law firm/services?
- Start implementing:
- Content repurposing: content blog to podcast to social media posts in bite-sized form.
- Take the top 3-5 questions people have and turn them into blog posts
- Podcast – Lawyers Gone Ethical
- Speaking engagements
- Social Media