Gyi and Kelly celebrate their first year as podcasters and talk about the trends from last year and what to expect in 2019 as you market your law firm.
In this slightly longer episode, we cover Video Search, AI and Marketing Automation, Influencer Marketing, Emails, and a few other topics. Lots to learn in this episode.
Flashback to 2018
- Voice search
- Mobile-friendly everything
- GMB updates
- Visual Search (video results)
- Changes to Google – proximity, hyperlocal
2019 Marketing Trends
AI & Intentional Advertising (FB/Instagram algorithms)
- Messenger Ads
- Video Ads
- Smarter, targeted content
- Facebook’s 10 Year Challenge- what is it really for?
- More data-driven content
- Ad copy segmented more to specific groups or interests as a response to Social Media Ad algorithms
- Chatbots, the digital concierge
- Disclosing that your chatbot is not a human when people interact with it
- Palace Law’s PatBot is a chatbot done well
- By 2020, it’s expected that 50 percent of all searches will be voice searches, and by 2022, voice commerce sales will reach $40 billion. – Chief Marketer
- Rand Fishkin’s Google marketshare article
- It’s still a thing and evolving to Instagram and FB TV, and Live videos
- Video search results: Kelly predicts that Google will start adding video results for non-celebrity searches to the Knowledge Panel in 1-5 years
- Caption your videos, 85% of videos watched on Facebook are without sound on.
- Gyi argues that email never went away but we need to change how we use it
- Keep in touch with former clients by sending birthday or holiday emails
- Don’t spam and look at your email data to make sure people are getting a benefit out of your emails: open rates, spam reports, etc.
- Are law firms using influencers to market their firms?
- Mitch Jackson’s book got tweeted & retweeted from Gary Vaynerchuk
Thanks to everyone who likes, subscribed, and was a guest on Clienting in 2018/2019. There’s more to come from Gyi & Kelly this year and if you have guest suggestions please send them to email@example.com.