Gyi & Kelly talk with Erin Levine about how her company, Hello Divorce, uses “freemiums” to build a sales funnel and customer following. While launching Hello Divorce, Erin was re-introduced to the knowledge that marketing from ground zero takes effort, and requires both a process and a plan.
Main takeaways: Authenticity, effort, understanding the buyer’s journey, which allows their firm to attract the type of clients they want to work with.
– Hello Divorce uses landing pages, social media, partnership content, and sending the content directly to their network.
– About Page quote: “We take the drama out of divorce.”
– Erin says “You can’t look at law in a vacuum… These are people who are in crisis who have the opportunity to make the next chapter of their lives so much better, and happier, and stronger.”
– Outside help: have a non-lawyer check your content for jargon or accessible language. Jennifer Heller – Artsy Geek. Used to use Fiverr and Upwork, now has someone on staff to help with graphic design and webinar slides.
– Erin created a partnership with Worthy to help clients sell wedding & engagement rings.
– Getting earned media by pitching news organizations.
– Hello Divorce uses targeted Facebook ads to get webinar attendees.
– Weekly emails, segmented by user group, on a topic of importance to the group.
– Erin has an ethics attorney on retainer and carefully tracks California’s marketing and advertising ethics rules.
– Big idea: Creating your services around what people actually want.
Find Erin on Twitter at @hellodivorce
She is happy to have lawyers sign up for their newsletters and learn what Hello Divorce is doing so successfully.