Why use video?
- It can be more authentic than a written bio page or post
- Let people see and know who you are as a law firm and as an attorney
- Video can help building a following because they keep people more engaged
What to use video for? OR What to do on the video?
- Clients on video
- client questions
- provide information
Where to put it?
- Facebook Live & Twitter live
How to make it better?
- Practice, practice, practice
- Try a teleprompter (NpromtXpress & BigVU are two great apps to try)
- Or have set talking points
- Consider doing the videos interview-style
- Do minor editing, with your phone or Youtube
- The shorter, the better. Less than five minutes, but ideally less than 2 minutes long.
- Add a video transcription service like Rev
- Invest just a little bit, in a microphone and lights.
SEO for video:
- Transcribe your video
- Optimize metadata
- Look for keywords to boost rankings
- Make it a video people will want to watch
- Make a good thumbnail
- Share the video in multiple locations (website, social media, etc)
Ethics in Video Marketing:
- Check with your State Bar and State Ethics rules on advertising vs. marketing rules
- Don’t Eat Your Weed
- Mitch Jackson
- Nicole Abboud
Articles by Phil Nottingham on SEO for Videos: